Harold Williams, 76 of Harringay, has fulfilled his lifetime ambition of owning his own home. He has placed a 5% deposit on a bedsit in Wood Green and is due to move in within a month.
'I'm exstatic', stated Mr. Williams. 'I've been saving up my whole life. Most of my salary went into a savings account and I have lived off rice cakes and water for the past 50 years. It has been hard at times. I always wanted to get married and have a family but I wanted to provide the security of my own home for them. Now I finally can.'
Mr. Williams has wasted no time in finding love, already registering with Match.com and eHarmony.
'The problem is most of the ladies I am matched with have gone through the menopause. I messaged one young lady in her 30's and she got me banned from the site. But I am keeping my chin up. It's the only thing that ever goes up these days'.
Mr. Williams disclosed exclusively to The Morning Gerald that he had paid £1.8 Million for the 5% deposit on his bedsit.
'Only 450 years more work and the place will be mine. I cant wait.' said Mr. Williams.
