The National Union of Journalists have failed in their attempt to secure a wrongful dismissal charge against their clients previous employer.

Ash Kennedy, formerly of the Manchester Guardian, has claimed he followed his employers instructions to the letter.

'How am I meant to know there are mutliple meanings of words? said Kennedy.

'I only got this job because my Dad is tennis partners with Henry Winkler.'

'I was told I had to hold power to account so I took 700 photos of various batteries on top of debit and credit cards.'

'And then published them as the leader in the evening edition. Perfectly reasonable if you ask me.'

However Judge James Rintler disagreed.

'It is the opinion of this court that Mr. Kennedy has displayed wanton stupidity and willful inability to understand nuance.'

'And whilst these aren't crimes in themselves, I can't help but find for the defendent because the claimant is such a daft bastard.'


 
Top