Tobias Ellwood, Tory MP and supporter of the 10% pay rise has said he has no regrets about his stance.

'This is not a reasonable salary to live off' said Mr. Ellwood.

'I can't afford Châteauneuf-du-Pape with my 35 day dry-aged corn fed fillet steak. I have to cope with bloody Burgundy.'

'How can anyone live like this? I would still be on more money if I had stayed in the army.'

Fair pay campaigner Ash Kennedy said in response 'What planet does he live on?

'Lets not forget the £30k in expenses he has. So his salary is effectively all disposable income.'

'Plus he's a junior minister which gives him another £20k. Being an MP is a vocation. A calling. Not a fucking job you can just fall into because your mates do it. Sorry, no, that's wrong isn't it? That's exactly what it is, especially if you are a Tory.'

'I eill say this though. If he is skint and the army would have paid him better, perhaps he should piss off back there!'


 
Top