With the announcement of falling profits due to the low price of oil, oil traders are eliciting sympathy from across the globe.
James Elba from Ghana said 'I really feel their plight. This year their salary dropped into 6 figures for the first time in 14 years. How are they going to buy the latest hypercar now? With my outdoor toilet and open sewers, I am definitely the lucky one.'
And Asha al Sarani echoed these feelings.
'I can't believe the hardship they are going through. Here in Saudi Arabia I am lucky enough to be allowed out as long as I cover myself from head to toe in black cloth in 48 centigrade heat. But the traders might only be able to afford to go skiing 6 times this year. Whatever will they do?'
David Boulangere, an oil broker in the city said 'We really appreciate this outpouring of sympathy. We have had to downsize from Cristal to Bollinger and I'm not sure I'm going to cope. So thank you, thank you all.'
