After a double decker bus hit a very low, 3.7m high bridge in South Norwood, London bus drivers are for the first time going to have to prove they are literate.
Seven people were injured when the bus attempted to go under a bridge where people walking feel the need to duck their heads.
'It looked like a shortcut so I thought it would save time' said Ash Kennedy, driver and possessor of 1 GCSE in Drama (Grade G)
'I was late on my route and thought 'This here looks like a road. It has the hard black stones for wheels and the pretty white lines for decoration. I can go along here.'
'I didn't know there were low things that might hurt the bus and the nice people who disappear up the stairs for a while and then magically reappear.'
'I thought they were in Narnia. I didn't know they were sitting on the roof above me.'
'So now I've been told I have to be able to read and write. What's that please?'